Sunday, December 12, 2010

Photobucket

Roy Lichtenstein 1962
'Head - Red and Yellow'

Photobucket

Jacques-Louis David French, 1748-1825
Portrait of Jacques-François Desmaisons, 1782
Oil on canvas, 36 x 28 1/2"

Photobucket

Frida Kahlo
(Mexican, 1910-1954)
Self-Portrait with Monkey, 1938
Oil on masonite, 16 x 12"

When creating my self portrait, I selected the above pieces because I was very limited to my choices, but these were solid works to establish the groundwork for my project. I like the challenge of Digital Photo, especially when your completely changing the look and mood of the photo. A basic photo is so rough and flawed in it's natural format. The cropping is off, contrast, and there are flaws in the background and other distractions. I created a new portrait from an old one. The biggest challenge was removing the picture in the background completely. It took me a while and took a lot on "undo" clicks! The piece represents me by the cool calm mood it creates. I have a very laid back personality and it reflects this. I was hoping to make such a generic photo turn into a living piece of art, and I succeeded!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment