Friday, December 10, 2010

Reviewing Lindsey Kostelny's Art Curator Exhibit

I recently composed an article on an art curator project called “Surrealism” by Lindsey Kostelny. I selected her exhibit mainly on my interest and inspiring feeling of Surrealism. I am also a fan of Salvador Dali, and I felt she picked other works similar to his, or that may just be my biased perspective! I wanted to be positive on my critiquing of her exhibit, but I also wanted to be very constructive. I think the presentation is just as important as the artwork incorporated in them. Detail should be paid attention to in the layout as it affects the presentation of the artwork. If you’re going to walk a hot date down the isle, you better be look just as good! I felt okay about critiquing my classmate, but I also felt apprehensive and careful about my wording, but this is something that should be done with any article. You should always choose your words carefully and politely when giving good constructive criticism. I would rate my article as a 10 of course, being that I am writing an article to keep someone’s attention and satisfy someone’s interest in what they are reading. I put a lot of feeling and passion in the article and felt I gave a good critical review of the presentation. I did enjoy working on this project, and I felt I picked a great presentation and it was well thought out on chosen art works. I enjoyed each piece and the curator’s perspective of their elements and principles.

No comments:

Post a Comment