Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Final Thoughts on AED 200

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?

My expectations were to expand my appreciation and knowledge of art, and my expectations were far exceeded. It is hard to get enough interaction out of an online class, especially for art. The assignments were well thought out, challenging at times, and expanded my capabilities for appreciating art.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?

Art is expression of ones interests, emotion, feeling, and thoughts. It's beauty is in the eye in the beholder and there is no right or wrong way of doing it. The possibilities are endless. I would define it as very complex, having many dimensions, and meaning, versus "just art".

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?

I would say my favorite artist is still the same. MC Escher and Kincade of course! For the same reason they are my favorites. I can stare at their works forever and can immerse myself in the world of the work.

4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?

This course was very enjoyable and it encourages me to take another next semester. I have taken a few online course, and they are conveinant and easier for me to juggle than coming on campus, due to my work schedule. I'm hoping i can keep taking them!

No comments:

Post a Comment